Meet the Teacher
About the Teacher
Hi! My name is Kimberly Seldomridge. I am a 6th and 7th grade ELA/Humanities and Special Education Teacher. I have have a small 6th grade class and a small 7th grade class. I also work in a larger 6th grade ELA/Humanities class with Ms. Forbes and a larger 7th grade ELA/Humanities class with Ms. Labanda. I am a first year teacher and I am excited to be here at Aspira Academy. I earned my Bachelor's in International Relations at the University of Delaware and my Master's in Special Education at Wilmington University. I am currently certified in Special Education k-12 and Social Studies 6-12. When I am not teaching, I enjoy the outdoors, reading books, travelling and spending time with friends and family. I look forward to working with your childen and collaborating with you on their educatonal needs. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
- Social Studies and ELA
- Students can practice math using the following websites:
- Khan Academy
- IXL Math
Resources/links for students who have IEPs:
*some links may overlap as they can be used for a variety of goals and practice*
If your child has a READING COMPREHENSION Goal:
- Acheive 3000 Teen Biz- We have used this website in class before. Your child will need to login. Articles are in this site that are already at their reading lexile.
- EasyCBM - We have used these with articles and multple choice questions to assess reading comprehension.
If your child has a WRITTEN EXPRESSION Goal:
- No Red Ink - We have NOT used this website in class before. Your child will need to login with google.
If your child has a SPELLING Goal:
- Spelling Training - We have NOT used this website in class before. This website does not require any login information. Please use the drop down box that says “choose a word list,” scroll all the way down and have your child practice spelling blends, long vowel patterns, digraps, and word families.
If your child has a DECODING Goal:
- What is decoding?
- Word Games - Choose from a variety - I recommend Bad Apples, Rhyme Round Up, Spelling Bees, Alpha-Cat, and Egg Heads.
- Decoding can also be practiced by re-reading texts/books.
If your child has a FLUENCY Goal:
- The best way to practice fluency is by reading aloud. You can do this by turn-taking, make a video of yourself reading, or reading to a friend/family member.
If your child has a MATH PROBLEM SOLVING Goal:
- IXL Math - We have NOT used this website in class before, but I do think your child has used this website in the past. There is a lot of information on this website for all subjects.
If your child has a MATH COMPUTATION Goal:
- Same as above: IXL Math - We have NOT used this website in class before, but I do think your child has used this website in the past. There is a lot of information on this website for all subjects.
- ABC Ya - Math Games - Scroll down to Math and choose from: Clear it Multiplication, Math Lines Multiplication, Multiplication Mine, Space Race, and Monster Mansion Math.
If you would like more information regarding your child’s IEP goals, specific areas of need, and/or regarding any of the links above - please do not hesitate to reach out to me via Email, or the phone number listed above.
Lastly, what is listed above are all online resources. If you would like recommendations for APPS (apple or android) or if you need resources/ideas for practice that are not online, please reach out to me. Although we are not in school right now, I am readily available during school hours to communicate and help you in any way possible.
Please contact me with any questions. [email protected]