All applications must be submitted online. SchoolChoiceDE.org provides you with a central location to submit a Choice application for participating Public School Districts and Charter Schools in Delaware. SchoolChoiceDE.org allows you to apply to the school of your choice, edit your existing application(s) as needed and monitor the status of your application(s) throughout the Choice process. To apply, please visit SchoolChoiceDE.org.
- Applications must be received within the Choice Open Application Period to be included in the lottery (The Choice Open Application Period is from Monday, November 6, 2017 @8am to Wednesday, January 10, 2018 @4pm) *. A lottery will be held (Saturday, January 27, 2018) if the number of applicants exceeds the number of slots available in the school.
- If you have limited Internet Access, you can visit our school (between 9am-12pm and 2pm-4pm Monday-Friday) to use one of our computers and to get help submitting your online application.
- Students who were placed in the wait list last year must re-apply to be considered for school year 2018-2019.
- Siblings of current LAAA students must submit an application within the Choice Open Application Period. Parent/guardian is required to come to our school by January 12, 2018 to present the applicant’s original birth certificate to verify eligibility (See Admissions Policy for more information about students’ preferences). Failure to present this document will result in the application being included in the lottery.
- A separate application is required for each student who is applying.
- All Kindergarten applicants must be 5 (five) years old on or before August 31, 2018 to be eligible to attend Kindergarten during school year 2018-2019.
- It is important to maintain accurate contact information, including home address, email address and phone number to ensure that the school can communicate with you. It is your responsibility to ensure your contact information is accurate and updated as needed.
- When logged in, you can edit and/or withdraw an application at any time until the application closes or the school makes an invitation decision.
- Email notification will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org when your application has been received. If you do not receive an application confirmation email, check your spam/junk folder or contact us by email Aspira.email@example.com.
* NOTE: Las Américas ASPIRA Academy will continue to accept applications after January 10, 2018. All applications received after January 10, 2018 (4pm) will be placed on the wait list in the order that the electronic application was received.