A Little About Me..
A Little About Me...
Hello my name is Justine Espiritu. I graduated from the University of Delaware with a degree in Music Education and Choral Studies. This is my 5th year teaching at ASPIRA. I am the Elementary and MS Choir teacher as well as the MS General Music teacher for specials. In addition to teaching choir my passion is helping students discovery their talents through the school musical and talent shows. This is my 3rd year directing the school musical and I'm excited for this year's production of Lion King Jr. I enjoy teaching and adore my students, but the biggest blessing for me as a teacher at this school is getting to see my daughter everyday as she is a toddler in the ECDC.
Concepts introduced in Choir will include:
• Classroom Procedures/Responsibilities
• Posture and Breathing
• Vocal Tone
• Music Skills
• Musical Form
The student will...
• learn the procedure for entering, obtaining materials, and leaving the classroom.
• identify the course requirements regarding participation/performance necessary for success in choir. • identify and demonstrate the correct postures for singing.
• clap and count basic note values.
• learn a round/sight singing/reading
• begin to develop a music vocabulary
Here are additional resources so students can continue their learning at home:
- Music Theory.net
This site will allow students to practice identifying notes on the staff. Students have the ability to customize their learning by changing the clefs, key signatures and range on the staff in which they are reading and identifying notes.
A carnival-style game that asks you to 'whack' a given note.
- Music Teacher Games Lines and Spaces
Bright colored, simple online treble and bass clef reading online games.
- Word Warrior
A game using words spelled by the notes of the treble clef.
- Hairspray! Kahoot
Students in 5th grade general music can test their knowledge on our current unit - Hairspray! the Musical.
For any questions or concerns you can email me at [email protected] or call me at 302-292-1463 ex 507.